New York City, so much to see, so much to do. We have gathered five tips to help you better organize you visit and save you from tourist traps.
1. Don’t waste you time in long lines. Pre-book your tickets or arrive at the attraction early in the morning. This is especially relevant for places such as the Empire State Building and Broadway.
2. Look for New York City’s hidden gems. Do not restrict yourself to time square. There are lots of free guided tours and you can learn more about how to find freebies.
3. Don’t restrict yourself only to Manhattan, especially when walking all day long is exhausting. Why not take one day off and go on a tour outside New York City. Visit Washington or Philadelphia. This is a great chance to see something else while resting those sore feet.
4. Manhattan by itself is massive and daunting for any tourist, but actually only represents 8% of the area of the city. Exploring the outer boroughs such as Brooklyn, Quins or Bronx is a sure way to experience more of what this great city has to offer. Some of the city’s greatest attractions are located there, such as the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
5. New York by night is a must. A great place to get an amazing panoramic view of the city lights from the top of the Rockefeller Center which is open until midnight.
Statue of Liberty