- Total time: 40 min
- Servings: 4 to 6
- 4 cups bulgar
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package firm tofu (14-ounce, drained and cubed)
- 5 scallions (chopped)
- 1 small tomato (chopped)
- 1 Kirby cucumber (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- In a pan of boiling water, cook the first ingredient mentioned above (12 minutes until tender). Drain and return it in the pan. Spread the bulgar on a baking sheet and let it cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet. Cook the tofu and the scallions (over high heat, stirring, 5 minutes until golden and crisp). Transfer all of the ingredients to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.